In 2011, Spokane’s Pig Out In the Park revamped its marketing, using social media and a mobile-friendly website to provide an awesome experience for customers. Continue reading
Website Launch: Write Interventions
Design Spike®, Inc. recently designed and developed a website for Helen Painter to launch a new online occupational therapy website aimed at solving children’s handwriting problems and issues in a fast, effective and “no hurt” manner. The new Write Interventions website is an all-in-one solution for parents and children providing online assessment, training and connections with one of the top occupational therapists in Spokane, Helen Painter.
Ms. Painter is well known for quickly solving handwriting related issues for children. By taking her practice online, Ms. Painter is able to offer immediate results. No longer does a parent have to wait for services, appointments or referrals. Ms. Painter’s website offers all of that in one convenient place. By connecting with her clients online via Skype, Ms. Painter is able to provide a detailed assessment and an individualized program along with online sessions with a handwriting specialist.
And here is where the brilliance of her website is made clear. Main features of the website and online therapy system are:
- Visitors are able to immediately schedule an appointment online for an assessment using either a widget or a scheduling site.
- Once the appointment has been scheduled, visitors are then sent an assessment test which is completed by their child. At several points during this time, parents and Ms. Painter are in contact via Skype.
- Upon completion, the assessment is reviewed by Ms. Painter, who then creates an individualized program for the child as well as individualized worksheets and other handwriting practice exercises. All of this is completed in the admin portion of her website.
- Once the child’s level of need is established, the database automatically emails the parent login information to their personalized section of her website where they can download personalized forms, read messages from Ms. Painter and interact with Ms. Painter as needed.
- The customized e-commerce section of the website performs all of this seamlessly: from selection to payment to form download.
- Ms. Painter has complete control over her website adding and deleting pages as needed, uploading and downloading forms for children, parents and teachers, adding handwriting curriculum, training and motor skills tools to the e-commerce portion of the site, and much more. All of this can be done simply and efficiently using a custom designed Content Management System created by Design Spike’s programmer, Will Hall.
Of course it is what you cannot see that is truly the most impressive:
- In addition to the customized Content Management System mentioned above, Mr. Hall added the aforementioned Client Login Manager and File Manager which allows Ms. Painter the ability to modify all client properties and easily add and delete files created for specific clients.
- A customized product management and consultation results email builder integrates the website database so Ms. Painter can easily manage available products and/or recommend specific products to client’s. Ms. Painter is able to restrict product availability to current clients or others when necessary. By combing various components and variables, specific products are suggested based on client need.
- The shopping cart automates the process of selecting customized curriculum but still gives the client the option to purchase as needed. Ms. Painter is able to view all aspects of all orders in both detailed and summary view.
Working with Ms. Painter on her website was and still is a great experience. The specialized website database gave our programmers the opportunity to flex their programming muscles and meeting the specifics of Ms. Painter’s design requirements gave Laura Bracken, owner of Design Spike, Inc, a chance to flex her graphics muscles as well. We’re very appreciative of the opportunity to work with Write Interventions and Ms. Painter and are looking forward to the next step, socializing her brand and services.