Play N Stay Dog Daycare and Boarding Launches New Website
Play N Stay, a local Spokane dog daycare, hired Design Spike®, Inc to design and develop their new website. The new Play N Stay website is playful, bright, fun and in keeping with the overall Play N Stay brand. The redesigned website is quick to load, user friendly, easy to navigate and meets every one of the Client’s requirements.
The Client’s Requirements
Every Client is different and our job is to figure out how to build them the best, most functional website for their budget. Play N Stay’s previous doggy daycare site was a little hard to maneuver through despite minimal navigation and the lack of contrast made content difficult to read. Play N Stay wanted a new website that their Spokane clientele could navigate through quickly. Play N Stay also wanted to encourage new clients or potential clients to contact them via phone as much as possible (rather than email or social media). By making the phone number easily noticeable and accessible and positioning it in both the header and the footer, well, it’s kind of hard to miss.
Originally, Play N Stay did not want a content managed website but as development of their website moved forward, they saw the benefit in being able to edit their website on their timeline rather than ours. Additionally, the savings from managing their own site simply made sense. Thus a custom content management system was created to give Play N Stay the ability to select images, update content, and add/delete pages as needed. A “doggy tool” (what else do you call a feature created for a dog daycare website?) allows Play N Stay administrators to chose from over eight different dogs and over four different text boxes to highlight featured announcements and important information. An integrated third party doggy cam allows Play N Stay clientele to spy on their fur kids as they frolic and play.
The Old Site Meets the New Site
It’s a little like East meets West. And right now, we like the West.
The Old Play N Stay Website
The New Play N Stay Website
Tour Grant County, Washington – Home of the Solar Powered Vacations
The Grant County Tourism Commission hired Design Spike®, Inc to design and develop their new more dynamic website. Recently launched, the new website embraces the Grant County’s theme of Solar Powered Vacations by reflecting the vibrancy, liveliness and diversity of activities for which the region is known. As part of the Grant County Tourism re-branding campaign, the new site emphasizes the many recreational activities that lure visitors to Grant County, Washington. Think wineries, the Gorge Ampitheater, the Grand Coulee Dam Laser Light Show, camping, fishing, golf and more. The New Grant County Tourism website makes planning vacations easier and highlights what the region has to offer.
Take a look and tell us what you think of the new website: Grant County Tourism
The Tour Grant County Website, Solar Powered Vacations
Design Spike®, Inc. developed a database powered website for Tour Grant County Website which easily indexes events, accommodations and activities by region and community. Rather than having to search the entire site to plan one’s Grant County, Washington vacation, website visitors can easily access and create itineraries with less clicks. Each web page is connected to the database that Design Spike, Inc. created. When information connected to a particular page, say a calendar page or an events page, is updated, the page updates accordingly. For the Grant County Tourism Commission, this makes updating the website with fresh content quick and easy. Rather than having to update information on each page, step by step, page by page, content updates are now centralized.
Custom-coded Content Management System
The custom-coded content management system (CMS) Design Spike®, Inc. developed for the new Tour Grant County website continues this trend of quick and easy updates. Rather than have to rely on a web developer to update the website, the content management system basically brings access to the Tour Grant County website to the Grant County Tourism Commission. They are better able to publish content in a timely manner and content is standardized (formatted) to be consistent with the overall website design. The bottom line: Grant County Tourism doesn’t need a website developer on staff and they don’t need to wait to make changes and updates. Their simple to use and very dynamic content management system is a great fit for them.
Northwest Neurological New and Improved Website
Northwest Neurological, a clinic dedicated to providing patients with integrated, compassionate and individualized quality care for the full spectrum of brain, spine and nerves conditions, recently engaged Design Spike®, Inc. for a redesign of their existing website including the addition of a customized content management system. Some of the goals for the redesigned website included a system for allowing patients to easily request an appointment, making necessary information easy to find and encouraging website visitors to contact the Northwest Neurological office. By providing information for new patients and making it easy to contact the office online, the website decreases the number of incoming phone calls and makes navigating the confusing world of insurance/medical records/physician information much easier.
Based on the demographics of their clients, the Northwest Neurological website had to be simple and straightforward.
The main features of the redesigned website are:
- An easy way to schedule appointments, with a username for existing patients so they can easily sign in.
- An easy-to-read list of what you’ll need to bring to your first appointment, which insurances cover consultations, etc.
- Basic directions and an interactive map.
- A simple way to contact the office.
- A comprehensive list that goes into detail about different ailments the clinic treats and the different medications they prescribe.
- Printable patient documents so that patients can fill them out at home and have them ready when they arrive at their appointment.
- A content management system that allows for quick and easy content updates, uploading forms and adding and deleting pages as necessary.
Website Launch: Northwest Neurological
The new Northwest Neurological website was designed by Design Spike®, Inc. owner and graphic godess, Laura Bracken, and was programmed by Brandon Perdue, master of the keyboards and dominator of the content management system.
Design Spike®, Inc. recently designed and developed a website for Helen Painter to launch a new online occupational therapy website aimed at solving children’s handwriting problems and issues in a fast, effective and “no hurt” manner. The new Write Interventions website is an all-in-one solution for parents and children providing online assessment, training and connections with one of the top occupational therapists in Spokane, Helen Painter.
Ms. Painter is well known for quickly solving handwriting related issues for children. By taking her practice online, Ms. Painter is able to offer immediate results. No longer does a parent have to wait for services, appointments or referrals. Ms. Painter’s website offers all of that in one convenient place. By connecting with her clients online via Skype, Ms. Painter is able to provide a detailed assessment and an individualized program along with online sessions with a handwriting specialist.
And here is where the brilliance of her website is made clear. Main features of the website and online therapy system are:
- Visitors are able to immediately schedule an appointment online for an assessment using either a widget or a scheduling site.
- Once the appointment has been scheduled, visitors are then sent an assessment test which is completed by their child. At several points during this time, parents and Ms. Painter are in contact via Skype.
- Upon completion, the assessment is reviewed by Ms. Painter, who then creates an individualized program for the child as well as individualized worksheets and other handwriting practice exercises. All of this is completed in the admin portion of her website.
- Once the child’s level of need is established, the database automatically emails the parent login information to their personalized section of her website where they can download personalized forms, read messages from Ms. Painter and interact with Ms. Painter as needed.
- The customized e-commerce section of the website performs all of this seamlessly: from selection to payment to form download.
- Ms. Painter has complete control over her website adding and deleting pages as needed, uploading and downloading forms for children, parents and teachers, adding handwriting curriculum, training and motor skills tools to the e-commerce portion of the site, and much more. All of this can be done simply and efficiently using a custom designed Content Management System created by Design Spike’s programmer, Will Hall.
Of course it is what you cannot see that is truly the most impressive:
- In addition to the customized Content Management System mentioned above, Mr. Hall added the aforementioned Client Login Manager and File Manager which allows Ms. Painter the ability to modify all client properties and easily add and delete files created for specific clients.
- A customized product management and consultation results email builder integrates the website database so Ms. Painter can easily manage available products and/or recommend specific products to client’s. Ms. Painter is able to restrict product availability to current clients or others when necessary. By combing various components and variables, specific products are suggested based on client need.
- The shopping cart automates the process of selecting customized curriculum but still gives the client the option to purchase as needed. Ms. Painter is able to view all aspects of all orders in both detailed and summary view.
Working with Ms. Painter on her website was and still is a great experience. The specialized website database gave our programmers the opportunity to flex their programming muscles and meeting the specifics of Ms. Painter’s design requirements gave Laura Bracken, owner of Design Spike, Inc, a chance to flex her graphics muscles as well. We’re very appreciative of the opportunity to work with Write Interventions and Ms. Painter and are looking forward to the next step, socializing her brand and services.